Sunday, October 2, 2011

More news from the studio...

And so on with another Canvas workshop...

Here's today's ladies enjoying their selves.




And the finished product...

The lovely Barbara


The lovely Olivia


The lovely Olive


The lovely Chris


The lovely Linda


The lovely Annette


The lovely right hand woman, Pam


The lovely Jayne


The lovely Jo


The lovely Emma


And the lovely Mandy


Fabulous work I am sure you will all agree. We have a waiting list still, but I am not sure if I will be able to fit another one in before Christmas. Will keep you posted.

I have had a lot of comments from people saying they wished they lived near so that they could attend my classes. Well, here's a little secret, most of my students live nowhere near me.!!! Many of them travel over 1 1/2 hours to come. And many of them travel from a lot further. Today, Chris and Linda's journey takes them 2 1/2 each way. Mandy and Olivia, 1 1/2 hrs, Jayne 1 1/4, Emma 1 1/2, Olive 1 1/2 hrs.The rest were between 30 mins to an hour. My "locals" are nowhere near "local", lol.  On Friday one of my ladies is travelling from Edinburgh, approx 4hrs, a journey she makes 3 or 4 times a year. She even had her 50th birthday party here in my studio..!!!

 So if you are still saying you live too far away, think again, I am sure we can make it worth your while. As well as sampling a fantastic, eclectic, Art from the Heart workshop, you get to see such delights as my daily outfit, first hand......whether there is, in fact anything growing in my beehivey updo, or whether it is all a vicious rumour...Ali the pretty parcel wrapper in action...Our Ben in all his glory sporting whatever Rugby injury he incurred that weekend....samples galore..the blue lollipop jar...and many more, far too exciting things to mention...!!! Go on you know you want to...lmao

I shall leave you with a page from the Ledger, have a fabulous rest of today...



Enjoy xx

18 comments:

borgqueen said...

Mmmmmmm
More fabulous works of fabulousness
I'd travel far for your magic babe - guess am very lucky I dont have to!
xXx

Anikraft said...

Lovely canvases, I have taken inspiration from your last canvas class post and made up my own - I am one of those people who said before they live very far away, but also I work both saturdays and sundays and taking holiday for 2-3 days, the travel, hotel, the workshop etc it just makes it so expensive.
But thanks for posting and inspiring me that way too, like I said I have made up my own canvas in your style. I have emailed you about it before twice but never got a reply from you so not sure if the email ever got there. Keep up the great work! Anika x
anikraft@hotmail.co.uk

Kaz Hall said...

Its so worth the journey, its my little bit of heaven love Art from the Heart!! Lovely canvases too looks like the girlies had loads of fun xx

kazx

Unknown said...

mmmm Dyan you got me thinking old gal...A trip from Athens only takes about 3 hours..how far away are you from Heathrow??
Your workshops look like a lot of fun!!And I want to improve my non- exisent art journaling skills...

Kirsten Alicia said...

Fab canvases, great job everyone. Sadly, it's not just the distance that is a problem Dyan. For me, it's the cost of train fare & having to stay in a b&b/hotel for 2 nights that is the problem. Each time you release a list of classes I check the prices of fares & hotel & I just can't do it.

Kirsti said...

I soooooo want to do this class!!! Gorgeous!!! Xx

Sid said...

Fab canvasses & love the skull page !!

Jayne C said...

Thank you for another FABULOUS day!!! It's worth EVERY SINGLE mile to travel to your workshops! It should be a law that everyone has to do at least one in their crafting lifetime!!! xxx

susiesu said...

Absolutely more fabulous! I love them all. and I love the saying from your ledger lol xxx

Cath Wilson said...

Ooh, some lovely canvases there - Julie's and Mandy's are stunning. Fancy seeing Olive there, lol. Small world x

ellen vargo designs said...

Well... if I include all the travel and waiting time... car, plane, tube and train... I think it would take me about... hmmmm... 16 hours to make it to class... better leave now! (wish I could!)

Artmadnana said...

Thanks for a great workshop Dyan!! It was fabulous. I can't believe my result!! Distance must not stop anyone taking advantage of your workshops! You are such a natural, talented teacher - no-one can fail to be thrilled with what they will learn and achieve in your classes!!Many thanks from both Lin and me for yet another great day! Chris x

olive said...

amazing day.....thanks for an awesome class... xxxx

Sandra Hall said...

Heyup Dyan! What great art these ladies have produced - 'cos you're the bestest teacher :D
And I guess I am lucky too in that I can get to you in about an hour (from Kirkby) or an hour and twenty (from Durham) But because I KNOW how much your little corner of heaven has changed my art journey AND my life journey, I would cross the ocean to reach you :D
DO IT PEOPLE - you will never regret it!

whyducks said...

Oh what lovely work!

Siobhan Brignull said...

oh when you say it like that it makes it seem so easy I love all those canvases, and the lovely flutterby did in a moment of madness offer to put me up, tell you what it can be one of my 2012 aims, so prepare yourself, Ive given fair warning, oh and Ann we need to talk LOL

Linda Jones said...

I myself, drive for almost 2 hours to get to the studio, & IT'S WORTH IT! I would be there every week if it wasn't for the Hubby in the background complaining about the cost of fuel! ;-)

Diana said...

hmmmm.. i wonder if travelling from Canada to attend a workshop possible!!!!
i so badly want to know how you do this!!!

i would gladly drive the 2-3 hours if only i lived in your country!!

Quote of the Century


"You are an extraordinary woman.


How can you expect anything ordinary to happen to you"


Louisa May Alcott