Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Week 2

Ooops sorry for the long delay in  blogging, but I do have a good excuse. i have been working my little socks off. Have managed to get a bit of a breather this morning, which started with a lie in until 9am (absolute heaven, I can tell you) so after a long soak in the bath, here I am.

I am in the fabby hospitality of the Texans...I have been cowboy hunting but not managed to snag one just yet, will need to practise my lassoing a little bit more methinks.!!

Anyhow back to 10 days ago.

Second day of Ranger U saw the lovely Claudine teaching what she does best, Mixed Media techniques. Fabby, no need for a microphone for her. She is absolutely petite and doll like with the most amazing voice, I don't know where it comes from lol.


Sunday it was my turn, and believe it or not, I gor really really nervous. How funny. But look what my Mum and Dad sent me from Heaven to keep me on track...


Yup a heart in my Dylusions spray ink.!!!

The lovely Suze popped in to see what was happening.













And before we knew it, it was all over. Here's the happy students after receiving their certification.


I am house sharing with Tim and Mario, and we are spending all day working together , so things had the capacity to get a little fraught. but no way, we were one happy little bunch, just laughing and joking all the way. I had so much fun as they introduced me to lots of new things. My favourite was when they taught me how to eat crab. Coming from England I was expecting it to be dressed ready to eat. Err obviously I was wrong...




Mind you I soon got the hang of it and didn't take any ones eye out.

This is where we were and I highly recommend it.





When you are working the long hours we do food is extremely important, both for energy and as a way to wind down. One of our favourite places to eat was at the local Chinese. All these meals were $5 each. We never once finished them, lol.


And then it was on to teaching at a Jersey store, Scrappers Cove. Here are the lovely owners, Sue, Pat and Chris.














I taught two classes, the accordion inky book and the Artful Journal. They were a lovely bunch of customers and their work was fabby. The lovely Michael had taken time out from his packing to come to my workshops. Very impressive as he was emigrating to Brazil the next morning to start a new life with his partner. Best of luck to you babe. xx


I will talk about more teaching and the second Ranger U in my blog tomorrow. 

I am just getting my things together to go prep the classroom for tomorrows classes at The Crafty Scrappy. If you are near please try come and join us, I will do my best to squeeze you in, as I don't want you to miss out, lol.

Enjoy xx

18 comments:

whyducks said...

What a great time they all had too, but I bet you are pooped!

Debbie said...

Fantasic blog post Dy, you look like you have been a busy girl!
Very fun looking 'tho.

Cannot wait to craft with you on June 9th/10th. Not long now.
Take care and see you soon.
Debbiexx

Kaz Hall said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kaz Hall said...

Missing you already great to see you and thanks for sharing malteeser blowing! Lol!

Love ya
Ethel x

Helen said...

Those happy students all tell tales of amazing classes with you. The chinese meals look fab - not so sure about the crab!

Siobhan Brignull said...

you look fab in your black dress hun, very you

Donna B. said...

Looks like you had a great time!! I love Joe's Crab Shack!!

EmeralDQueen said...

WOW, the more I see about this classes the more I would love to be part of. You are a true inspiration to me :)

Alda said...

Sounds like a lot of work and a lot of fun.. Love to read it!!

Annie said...

Hi Dyan. Looks like you are having a very busy but fabulous time. Been blogging with several students, or should I say Ranger Educators, who are high on ideas. Maybe I will be lucky enough to join you all next year. Crafty Hugs.....Annie :)

Sue said...

Looks like so much FUN! Joe's is the BEST for crab and glad you got the hang of giving it a whack! Have fun in TX, y'all!

Anonymous said...

Hi my friend Dyan! I saw the girls at the "cove" yesterday. I so wanted to stop in last Thursday to say goodbye and to see if u needed a ride to the house that night, but had an acute pain attack in the neck and I couldn't drive. I just want to letyouknow how much I loved your class at the Cove and your company back to Tinton Falls Tuesday night. I hope we can stay in touch and see each other again if u ever come to NJ again. Much love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hi Dyan, glad to see you made it to Texas safely. I wanted to stop back into the "Cove" last Thursday to say goodbye and see if you needed another fun ride back to the house, but I was struck down with an acute pain attack that left me unable to drive. I saw Sue and Pat yesterday and Sue assured me she got you home without getting lost. Lol. I want you to know what a joy it was to be in your company last Tuesday evening and hope we have the opportunity again some day! Stay in touch and have a safe trip home! Lisa Hess

World of Michael Trent said...

Thanks Dyan for the shout out. The day with you was TOTALLY worth it. Loved meeting you again and loved the classes.

michael

Craftychris said...

Looks like you had a busy but fab time. So much colour, I love it. The chinese looks gorgeous, not so the crab though, I am mega allergic to it (it probably doesn't like me much either!!) xx

Creatique Candy said...

Awe...I LOVE your post! Dyan Joe's is one of the best places we have locally too...I always end up with so much crab that I think I roll out from the booth instead of walking lol :D It's lovely to see the snippitz of Ranger U & the classes you taught. I fell in love with the eclectic genre that is Youniquely YOU :) I can't wait to dive into every single piece I got just screaming at me to use.

I'm thankful your travels have you safe & still inspiring more than words can say. Thank you for an update. HUGS From the U.S.

Candy C said...

WHERE do you get all of your energy? Man oh man....you are like the Energizer Bunny...you just keep going and going. :) You look like you're having such a fantastic time. I know all of your students were! Sending love and lots of hugs your way! <3 Candy

susiesu said...

So glad you are back blogging I know you have been extremely busy teaching but I have missed your blogs and shared journal pages of inspiration takecare lol Susiesu xxx

Quote of the Century


"You are an extraordinary woman.


How can you expect anything ordinary to happen to you"


Louisa May Alcott